Friday, July 22, 2005

Kids do the darndest things

"PADUCAH, Ky. (AP) - The youngest Kentucky child to be charged with murder in decades likely will receive counseling and therapy in a setting away from a state juvenile jail, experts say. The 7-year-old boy is charged with killing his mother's boyfriend on June 27."

This whole story has really gotten me choked up. But that's not because a man was murdered. It's because I am just now realizing that I completely wasted my childhood. If only someone had told me when I was 5 that I couldn't be tried as an adult and that the only punishment I would get would be some counesling sessions or mental therapy, I would have been going through the hills on a killing spree, I'll tell you what. It would have been the funniest killing spree ever, I think. I would have worn some dress clothes, and nice shoes, and combed my hair really nice. I would have looked like it was picture day at school. And I would have carried around my Transformers lunch box. And when I happened upon a suitable target, I would have struck up a conversation with them. Eventually, the following exchange would take place:

Me: Do you like my lunch box? It's Transformers.
Target: Yeah, kid. That's a cool lunch box.
Me: Wanna know what I'm having for lunch?
Target: Sure, kid.
Me: [opening box to reveal gun] You, bitch.

Click, click, boom.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU'RE SICK. I LOVE IT. MUHAHAHAHA!

7:10 PM  
Blogger dwhit said...

At least it's not too late for our 80-year old killing spree. That one's gonna be fun.

(For those who don't know we were watching Aaron Carter on MTV Cribs when we decided that when we turn 80 we're going to wipe the Earth of ignorant idiots. . . like Aaron Carter is now.)

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home